Responsible Service of Gambling
Moreton Bay Sports Club is committed to ethical and responsible behaviour that recognises the importance of our members’ and guests well being with a focus on minimising the potential harm of gambling to the community.
If gambling is becoming a problem for you, help is available.
Responsible gambling occurs in a regulated environment where the potential for harm associated with the gambling is minimised and people make informed decisions about their participation in gambling. Responsible gambling occurs as a result of the collective actions and shared ownership by individuals, communities, the gambling industry and government, to achieve outcomes that are socially responsible and responsive to community concerns.
The club recognizes the importance of customers’ well-being with a focus on minimizing the potential harm of gambling. In addition, customers’ rights to privacy are respected at all times.
Problem Gambling exists when gambling activity results in a range of adverse consequences where;
- The safety and/or well-being of gambling customers and/or their families and friends are placed at risk; and/or
- Negative impacts extend to the broader community.
- For a small percentage, gambling can become a problem. No longer an enjoyable past-time, gambling begins to create money worries and stress, which can effect their family members, relationships, health and work. If you think you know someone who may have a gambling problem, look for the following behavioral signs.
- Gambling with more than they can afford.
- Gambling with household and other essential funds.
- Borrowing money to gamble.
- Absences from home or work.
- Dishonesty or secrecy about gambling activities.
- Experiencing severe mood swings.
- Arguing increasingly, especially in regards to money.
- Increased alcohol consumption.
- Easily bored by everyday events.
- Denial of any gambling problem despite the obvious signs.
Moreton Bay Sports Club provides the following services to customers who feel they may need assistance in controlling their gambling. Please note all communication is private and confidential.
- Gambling Help Line: 1800 858 858 (24hr)
- Relationships Australia: 1300 364 277
- Life Line: 13 11 14
- Salvation Army: 1300 36 36 22
If members or patrons are looking for assistance in controlling their gambling problems, they may consider exclusion as a valuable deterrent. Moreton Bay Sports Club provides both venue-initiated and patron-initiated self-exclusion programs in accordance with the Queensland Responsible Gambling Self-Exclusion Resources ensuring that they are adhered to at all times. Self-exclusion kits are available from our Customer Liaison Officers.
It is an offence by law for any person under the age of eighteen (18) years to participate in gaming activities. The club has the following policy & procedure in place to ensure minors are prohibited from gambling and excluded from all areas where adults are gambling.
- Minors are prohibited from gambling.
- Minors are excluded from areas where adults are gambling.
- The club alerts all members and patrons of these restrictions by placing signage in high traffic areas.
- If the age of a patron is in doubt, staff may ask for photo identification.
- Rules ancillary to Gaming—1. A person under the age of eighteen (18) years must not play a Gaming Machine.
Moreton Bay Sports Club have the following policies and procedures in place to assist customers in maintaining responsible gambling practices.
- Automatic Teller machines (ATMs) are not provided within gambling areas.
- The lending of money or credit to anyone for the purpose of betting is prohibited.
- The cashing of cheques is not permitted unless otherwise organized.
All advertised prices are members prices only. All information contained on this website is correct at the time of editing and is subject to change at anytime with out notice. Terms and Conditions apply. All illustrations are for advertising purposes only, actual product may differ slightly. Information relating to gaming services at Moreton Bay Sports Club are not intended for minors or those excluded from gambling. Keep gambling enjoyable, gamble responsibly.