Founded in 1921, Wynnum Districts Soccer Club (WDSC) is a Queensland football club which recently celebrated its 90th Anniversary of developing Queensland’s society and culture through sports. The WDSC hosts various sporting events, coaching camps, tournaments, and competitions for a broad spectrum of the community and its youth. The WDSC also participates in the Brisbane Premier League (BPL) where it has found outstanding success in recent years.
The Wolves FC composes of men's, women's, junior and grassroots teams for girls and boys from the ages of 3 and up. The club provides many developmental opportunities and a highly competitive platform for Queensland’s football players who participate in club events and compete in the BPL and its associated league competitions.
Through experienced coaching and effective operations, the WDSC continues to exceed expectations in the BPL with the men’s premier league team winning the Premier League title in 2011 and playing in its fourth consecutive Grand Final Championship (winning 3 out of 4 Grand Finals).
The club is looking to continuously build its future and has established 4 key strategic priorities to:
- Improve club infrastructure and membership;
- Strengthen club equipment management and financial position;
- Develop a coordinated professional football pathway; and
- Provide opportunities to attract and develop skills of club volunteers.
Our vision for the future is to be recognised as a leading Queensland football club focusing on the development of football players and to offer a pathway to fulfil their potential.
This is supported by our Mission to:
- Provide high level coaching to nurture and develop local talent through a technical and tactical training programme combined with game competition at the highest level;
- Staff Wolves FC with the best and most passionate coaches in the Brisbane area;
- Partner with other football organisations that can help us reach and achieve our vision;
- Develop and improve our facilities and equipment;
- Improve our marketing, messaging and communication; and
- Be financially self sufficient.
For more information visit www.wdscwolvesfc.com.au